History opens new doors all the time if you go knocking. I chose history as my academic focus years ago, have an MA in history, and teach college history courses, so I have been knocking on those doors a long time.
My M.O. is: open your eyes and mind to the past, recognize new perspectives in history, and reconsider the present in new light. History does matter.
- Undergraduate work at Portland State University, University of Minnesota, University of Oregon
- BA and MA in history from University of Oregon
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Adjunct history instructor
- World Civilizations, Western Civilization, U.S. History
- Front Range Community College in Colorado, 1994-2005
- Currently teaching at North Idaho College
My husband Tom and I have lived in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho since 2006. Our children and grandchildren live in the Denver area, most of the extended family is on the West Coast, and my “Wake Family” is all across the United States.
I like to walk, dive, and explore – three pursuits that served me well on Wake Island in the fall of 2011.
Author photograph by C. A. Kraus